Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Turning myself into a runner

I'm not going to lie, I HATE running!! I'm definitely a walker, and I could walk for miles. :) 
I have decided that I'm going to run a 5K in November. So, you're probably wondering why am I running a 5K if I don't like to run. Well, I want to work my way up to be able to run a marathon and try to like running. I never was a good runner. I hated track and field throughout grade school, and always was close to the last ones to be done running the course. haha. When I run, I have a hard time breathing and then I get cramps on my side. With all the things I hate about running, I'm going to train myself to like it!! All I want to do is to be able to say "I finished a marathon!" It's just one thing I can check off on my bucket list, and it's better to do this running deal now than when I get older because there's less of a chance I would do it. :) So, to all the runners out there... what advice do you have for us runner wannabes?

Wish me luck and your support (and motivation) is greatly appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment