Sunday, November 14, 2010

5K

I finished my first 5K today!! WOOHOO! I feel very accomplished! Running and finishing a race makes you feel great and happy that you did it! I definitely recommend everyone to at least try a race once in their life, even if you're not a runner. I hated running but as soon as I started to train and running a mile everyday, I didn't mind it so much. Just to think that it took me almost 30 minutes to run 1 mile, and now I can do 3 miles in that amount of time! You'll feel great about yourself and everyone on the course are so nice and motivating! Plus, being a participant in a race you get a bunch of free stuff! :) I recommend beginning runners to start off slow and each day increase the mileage you're running. Also, make sure you stretch! One mistake of mine was running on hard asphalt more frequently and ended up getting shin splints,very sore legs and knee problems. If you want to run outside try to run on dirt paths, that way there's less impact on your legs. :) Make sure you have good running shoes, because your feet and legs will thank you for it. Running is a great way to exercise! Next race 12K! Hopefully by next year I will be able to run a marathon.

No comments:

Post a Comment