Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Healthy Recipes

We all want to eat a little bit healthier. I have been trying to find good recipes that's low in calories and tastes good. I've never realized how hard it is to count your calories!! I cook for my boyfriend and I, and it's hard to find something that he will like since he's quite the picky eater! We both need to eat a little bit healthier, since all throughout college we were not eating so healthy. It was fast food or Ramen noodles, so it wasn't very nutritious. It's too much work to cook two different meals, one for him and one for me. He's not much of a vegetable eater, so I try to find healthy recipes and mix in some vegetables. He always seem to leave some vegetables on the plate. But I think I've found the perfect website with recipes that include calories for the meal and they are tasty! The website has BMI calculator, weight loss meal plans, weight loss training, tips if you plan on running a 1/2 or full marathon (which I hope to be able to do in the near future). Check it out: www.runnersworld.com

So far I've lost 5 lbs and hope to lose 5 more to reach my weight goal! This takes a lot of discipline and I give props to those who maintain their healthy eating and exercise, because there are a lot of days that I would enjoy a nice juicy burger and fries.... and ice cream, but have to resist and say no! :) Any weight loss tips are welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment